Top Ten Church Bulletin Bloopers
I like to laugh. In fact, I sometimes think some of us Christians take life with such a somber attitude that we forget how to smile.
Most everyone has seen church bulletin bloopers. They are typically corny, but my sons tell me that corniness is one of my spiritual gifts. I have saved dozens of them over the years. They simply make me laugh. I thought it might be good to take a brief break from the seriousness of life and share with you my top ten favorite bloopers. Enjoy!
10. At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be “What is Hell?” Come early and listen to our choir practice.
9. The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the congregation would lend him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday morning.
8. The pastor will preach his farewell message, after which the choir will sing, “Break Forth Into Joy.”
7. Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24 in the church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.
6. Announcement in the church bulletin for a National Prayer and Fasting Conference: “The cost for attending the Fasting and Prayer Conference includes meals.”
5. Charlene Mason sang “I Will Not Pass This Way Again,” giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
4. Next Sunday is the family hayride and bonfire at the Fowlers. Bring your own hot dogs and guns.
3. The church will host an evening of fine dining, superb entertainment, and gracious hostility.
2. For those of you who have children and don’t know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
1. Ladies, don’t forget the rummage sale. It’s a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Don’t forget your husbands.
If you have any favorites, please share them on this blog.